- Job Ref: 2642
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
My client, fast-growing software company, is looking for DevOps Engineer for their South Dublin office based.
This job is for someone who can help make infrastructure efficient and robust without compromising on quality and who can support the business in building a scalable platform that is reliable for company’s customers. You should strive to automate everything a system does and want the easiest deployments for all concerned. You’ll frequently ask yourself “how can I make DevOps practices better”, and contribute towards these improvements within company.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high growth start-up in a niche but expanding technology space.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant discipline.
- 3+ years' experience in DevOps/Software Configuration Management role.
- Excellent CI/CD experience with Jenkins/bamboo, Docker, chef/puppet.
- Excellent Linux experience.
- Dedicated Server maintenance
- Solid experience of GIT
- Familiar with, and have experience of, the Agile/SCRUM based development methodology.
- Networking, network security and have a deep knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experience with MongoDB/SQL server databases.
- Comfortable with database schemas and using logging facilities and graphing data
- Excellent automated builds and deployments experience.
- Service provisioning, automation, monitoring and uptime.
- Tooling and infrastructure related to product deployment, including current and new products and features.
- Participating in product decisions to ensure they’re in line with scalability and performance requirements.
- Working with your agile team colleagues, your technical leaders and the Scrum Master and Product Owner to build quality solutions that are capable of long term testability and growth whilst delivering focused, value driven changes to a high quality standard
- Monitoring production servers and identify any key issues that may harm future system scaling.
- Help the team avoid performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities and help with architecture decisions while ensuring that applications and services run quickly, efficiently and securely with minimum oversight.
- Contribute to making infrastructure automatic, simple, reliable, and easy to operate
- Take an evidence-based data-driven approach to problem solving, using the data to convince others of proposed changes, or potential problems.
- Develop and implement systems that aid and facilitate our rapid growth including the implementation of deployment policies, future procedures, configuration management and planning for capacity upgrades
- Implement monitoring to alert the operations and development teams of issues
- Monitor the security of system, ensuring we are always able to respond to any potential attacks
- Design, implement and maintain the platform and mobile automated deployment infrastructure (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Fastlane) and suggest and lead changes to it
- Coordinate data migrations and UI versioning on platform and mobile projects
- Maintain an up to date WIKI (in bitbucket) with the automated platform and mobile deployment and testing processes
- Design, implement and report system and end to end tests (stress, penetration, stability, ui)
- Create, test and validate corrective scripting run against the database
- Configure and maintain all environments (Dev, Staging, Beta, Production etc)
- Provide weekly highly detailed reports on platform performance, database, web performance, crash analytics, automated tests, deployment frequency
- Enforce security and performance guidelines to developers when needed across platform, mobile, AWS, databases etc
- Interact directly with other engineering teams for the validation of features and changes
- Provide automated tools to other engineering teams and improve continuously the continuous integration process
- Lead and maintain a clear task backlog with Jira or any other tool company provides
- Maintain up to date platform TLS certificates
- Manage DNS and related implementations such as CDN and subdomains
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.