Level 1 Support Engineer (Markets)
- Job Ref: 6843
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Purpose of the role
The Level 1 Support Team provide critical front-line support for all client enquiries. The Level 1 Support team are responsible for performing the initial technical triage on inbound support requests. They will also create and assign support cases into the Level 2 operational support teams. This is a client-facing role with a high level of client interaction and the individual will be responsible for delivering a high quality of service and support. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in technology and finance.
Responsibilities and duties (include but not limited to)
- Provide Level 1 troubleshooting and diagnostics to resolve issues (network/systems/application) or escalate into the necessary Level 2 support teams for resolution.
- Acknowledge and resolve clients enquiries and issues within the prescribed Operational Level Agreement (OLA).
- Engage the relevant Subject Matter Experts so they see the issue through to successful resolution.
- Record all issues within a case management system. Manage formal communications to clients and internal business stakeholders.
- Foster open communication between team members, peer team members, and managers to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver more effective service.
Education, Skills and Background (incl. Education and Experience Requirements)
- 2 + years’ experience in a similar customer facing role.
- Experience in either a trading environment or a similar financial technology company.
- An understanding of the infrastructure components required for electronic trading and market connectivity, desirable skillset being:
Trading and Market Data services
Data Centre Operations
Telco management including WAN connectivity
High level network protocols e.g., UDP/TCP.
- Understanding of Financial Markets (Equity, Futures, Options).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively manage the customer relationship.
- Strong process discipline in adherence to process and procedures.
- Ability to work constructively together as part of a team, sharing ideas and resource.
- Basic networking qualification such as CCNA.
- ITIL certification.
- Working knowledge of Linux & Windows systems, network configuration, and general troubleshooting is highly desirable.
- Motivated and committed to excellence. Organised, methodical, and detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially with clients.
- Ability to proactively engage the required resources to ensure the client expectation is exceeded in a timely manner.
- Results-oriented, dedicated and ability to work on own initiative and as team player, attention to detail and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Can quickly grasp and learn new technologies.
- Ability to remain calm and professional while dealing with client-related issues.
- Ability to clearly explain complex technological concepts to a non-technical audience.