- Job Ref: 3926
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Experienced Network/System Engineer
We are a leading European technology company delivering a portfolio of cloud services to businesses, and serviced offices (business center).
As part of the IT teams, the successful candidate will play a key role in our business 70% of the time as a Network Engineer and 30% of the time for system administration tasks.
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot 100+ network devices in a multi-platform environment (LAN, WAN, VPN) located in different office buildings and datacenters located in Ireland and France.
- Support and manage network infrastructure for corporate and production environments (VLAN administration, trunking, dynamic routing OSPF, IPSEC, QoS, VOiP Hosted IPBX etc).
- Support all layer 2 and layer 3 switches (CISCO/HP), VPN, firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto) and evaluate new hardware/software and services.
- Design and insure that the network topology (OSPF) is fully redundant and fault tolerance, prepare and test disaster recovery plan with system engineer and third parties datacenter.
- Manage network capacity and performance, verify logs and monitor activity.
- Coordinate maintenance, replacement and repair of network systems.
- Maintain documentation and update monitoring systems (SolarWinds and Zabbix) according to the network changes.
- Amazon AWS administration
- Windows servers administration
- SAN fabric support
- Manage Windows based servers, SQL server, DFS, inhouse applications, web, FTP, SMTP
- Administer high availably solutions servers (hyper V, SQL Always on)
- Participate with project team on tasks and activities within the supported environments, and prepare project documentation, status reporting, policies, procedures and reports assigned by management
- Participate in change control and production control processes.
- Resolve assigned trouble tickets and maintain accurate status in the ticketing system
- Demonstrate initiation and dedication as well as an ability to work independently once general direction is given.
- Communicate information through effective written and oral communication and presentations.
- Participate in 24x7 support and on-call rotation.
Job requirements and experience:
- 3/5+ years hands-on network administration experience in a distributed environment, designing and implementing networks that support environments such as: Microsoft servers, Microsoft SQL servers, Hyper-V virtualized environments, HP Storageworks and web applications
- Experience with HP/Cisco L2/L3 switches, Palo Alto, Cisco hardware (routers, ASA firewalls) and HP Storageworks (iSCSi/FC) is required
- Experience in Amazon AWS is a highly recommended
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Microsoft System Center products, Office 365, Asterisk (VOiP)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
- Professional Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO CCNA/CCNP/CCDP and/or other network industry certifications) highly recommended
- Candidate must be self-directed and capable of working on several projects and efforts simultaneously
- Candidate must be proficient in MS-Office
- Fluent in business English language - written and verbal
- French language skill a strong plus