Senior Penetration Tester - Dublin
- Job Ref: 2889
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our client, financial company on the market for over 60 years, is looking for a Senior Penetration Tester to join their Penetration Testing Team and proactively identify vulnerabilities in the firm's applications and infrastructure so that they can be remediated and prevent real-life cyber-attacks from happening. This permanent role is based in Southwest Dublin.
- Lead testing efforts on company’s web and mobile applications and supporting systems.
- Replicate the actual techniques and tools used by malicious attackers in an effort to model potential external threats.
- Upon completion of the assessment, you will prepare reports and present the results to application owners, developers, and business unit information security teams.
- Analyse test results, draw conclusions from results, and develop targeted exploit examples.
- Consult with operations and software development teams to ensure potential weaknesses are addressed.
- Contribute to the research or development of tools to assist in the vulnerability discovery process.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve the overall security of company’s applications and infrastructure.
You will bring:
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Preferred: 1+ years of hands-on web application penetration testing / ethical hacking experience
- Preferred: OSCP, GPEN, CEH, LPT, CISSP or other industry security certification
- Ability to demonstrate manual testing experience including all of OWASP Top 10
- Intermediate knowledge of application security mechanisms such as authentication and authorization techniques, data validation, and the proper use of encryption
- Technical knowledge of, and the ability to recognize, various types of application security vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated experience with common penetration testing and vulnerability assessment tools such as Nmap, Wireshark, Nessus, NeXpose, BackTrack, Metasploit, AppScan, WebInspect, Burp Suite Professional, Acunetix, Arachni, w3af, NTOSpider
- Experience with Enterprise Java or .NET web application frameworks, including Struts and Spring
- Intermediate knowledge of Web Services technologies such as XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, and AJAX
- Intermediate knowledge of web frameworks, including XML, SOAP, J2EE, JSON and Ajax
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.