Senior Systems & Network Administrator
- Job Ref: 1892
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our client is expanding its IT team and is looking for an ambitious Senior Systems & Network Administrator who aspires to be a future IT Manager. The successful candidate requires extremely good understanding and awareness of leading technologies as well as incredible interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the IT Manager, you will be part of an IT team that is growing to support the requirements of an organisation that is experiencing rapid expansion.
- Strong hands-on technical skills across a broad range of technologies in the Enterprise
- Knowledge of various operating systems such as Linux and Windows and their use in the Enterprise
- An understanding of network protocols to debug and troubleshoot common problems
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Knowledge & experience of computer hardware
- Virtualization & Active Directory
- Private, public and hybrid cloud associated skills
- Excellent verbal and written English-language communication skills
- Ability to write system documentation
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, when required. This can be required when working with other members of staff and/or customers in other geographic locations
- Willingness to travel overseas if required
- Excellent time-keeping and communication skills. This is essential in working with other departments
- Knowledge of firewalls, routing and IT security
- Support of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Storage knowledge, i.e. SAN & NAS
- Cisco and other networking certifications or familiarity with the configuration of Cisco devices
- Messaging for the Enterprise
QUALIFICATION: Third Level Computer Science, Computer Engineering Degree or related qualifications. 7+ years’ experience working in Information Technology.
- Motivated and committed to excellence
- Organized, methodical, and detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- The individual needs to be an active learner, accurate and observant
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Must have proven problem solving skills
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing company