Senior Tech Risk Analyst
- Job Ref: 1796
- Location: Galway, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
While working as part of this team, the successful individual must display a high degree of ownership for their own work and be able to quickly understand the security environment in which we operate. It is a varied and interesting role, which will give the successful applicant the opportunity to work with many business units, work closely with senior management, and gain valuable expertise in the important area of Information Security.
As a Penetration Tester, you will lead formal tests of applications and infrastructure on a regular basis. Along with these tests and assessments, you will collaborate with members of the operations and development communities to provide proof of concept attacks, develop security guidance and assist in the remediation of security findings.
- Lead testing efforts on web and mobile applications and supporting systems.
- Replicate the actual techniques and tools used by malicious attackers in an effort to model potential external threats.
- Upon completion of the assessment, you will prepare reports and present the results to application owners, developers, and business unit information security teams.
- Analyse test results, draw conclusions from results, and develop targeted exploit examples.
- Consult with operations and software development teams to ensure potential weaknesses are addressed.
- Contribute to the research or development of tools to assist in the vulnerability discovery process.
- Collaborate with other teams within Enterprise Cybersecurity to improve the overall security of applications and infrastructure.
- Stay current on security best practices and vulnerabilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Preferred:1+ years of hands-on web application penetration testing / ethical hacking experience
- Preferred: CISSP, CEH, LPT, OSCP, GPEN or other industry security certification
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate manual testing experience including all of OWASP Top 10
- Intermediate knowledge of application security mechanisms such as authentication and authorization techniques, data validation, and the proper use of encryption
- Technical knowledge of, and the ability to recognize, various types of application security vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated experience with common penetration testing and vulnerability assessment tools such as nmap, Wireshark, Nessus, NeXpose, BackTrack, Metasploit, AppScan, WebInspect, Burp Suite Professional, Acunetix, Arachni, w3af, NTOSpider
- Intermediate knowledge of Web Services technologies such as XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, and AJAX
- Intermediate knowledge of web frameworks, including XML, SOAP, J2EE, JSON and Ajax
- Experience with Enterprise Java or .NET web application frameworks, including Struts and Spring
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the desire to assist others in solving issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong interest in the application security domain
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to communicate threats and facilitate progress towards long-term remediation
- Highly motivated with the willingness to take ownership / responsibility for their work and the ability to work alone or as part of a team.