Service Desk Engineer
- Job Ref: 3575
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Roles and responsibilities
- • Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving client-side technical problems of moderate to high level complexity.
- • Resolve solutions outside of comfort zone using online resources and team lead assistance.
- • Contribute technical content and departmental procedures to the Service Desk knowledge base.
- • Trouble shooting Hardware, Software, Networking, DNS, Virtualisation, Office 365. SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics.
Understand our customer’s ICT infrastructure, business systems, information and security requirements.
- • Evaluate network performance, availability & utilisation, implementing alerting, features and reporting in our RMM tool where applicable.
- • Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- • Secure customers network by ensuring patching and AV standards are in place recommending audits where appropriate. Monitoring via RMM & maintaining documentation.
- • Influence user behaviour to reduce security risks providing references and support.
- • Perform minor upgrades conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements. Refer opportunities for project work to the internal account manager.
- • Be cost aware and keep the best interest of the customer in mind always.
- • Maintain relevant knowledge levels to ensure modern technology and opportunities can be identified to enhance the customer’s IT operations.
- • Protect the organisation by keeping information confidential.
- • Accomplish organisational goals by accepting ownership for and accomplishing new and varied requests.
Onsite installation of SonicWALL Firewalls and hardening of devices and implementation of security Services
- • Set up and configuration of HP ProLiant servers
- • Hyper V Virtualisation
- • Microsoft Office 365 solutions
- • Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security deployment
- • Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint implementations
- • Participate in process improvement opportunities
- • Deliver customer satisfaction by providing a professional service and swift and accurate resolution to all customer issues via remote sessions or onsite.
- • Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team.
- • Extraordinary interpersonal skills
- • Ability to "read" the customer and modify behaviour/approach
- • Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- • Logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills
- • Adaptive to change and able to manage stress
- • Able to multi-task across several open cases and manage and prioritise own time
- • Innate aptitude for troubleshooting and fault-finding
- • Ability to adhere to strict process and procedures
- • Not 9 to 5
- • Excellent understanding of switching, firewalls and routing
- • Practical understanding of Core TCP/IP networking and networking protocols
- • Good understanding of DNS
- • Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012 and 2016 Server, Active Directory
- • Experience with Microsoft Exchange and/ or O365/M365
- • Knowledge of network security
- • 2 to 3 years’ experience in a diverse technology and customer service-focused role
- • Relevant 3rd level qualification desirable
- • Clean licence and own transport is required
- • Salary depending on experience
- • Private Health
- • Expenses including mileage