Technical Advisor (Dutch Speaking)
- Job Ref: 4242
- Location: Luton, United Kingdom
- Type: Permanent
Location: Luton, United Kingdom.Responsible for providing Technical Assistance support. Investigate the Dealer’s request for support, carry out research as required, own experience and escalate as required in order to provide the Dealer with the information to resolve the request.
- Handles contacts via telephone and electronic communications
- Fully investigates the technical request using systems, protocol and procedures
- Escalates requests that cannot be resolved to other team members, team leaders located both in the UK and Germany
- Follows up all requests to resolution in agreed service levels
- Delivers service excellence by efficiently problem-solving and reacting in a professional, polite and clear manner at all times
- Accurately logs all dealer contacts and follows up on cases
- Where necessary liaises with business partners internally and externally to develop case resolutions and action plans
- Reads and researches relevant materials and resources to stay current with product and technical information
- Attends team and other meetings for review of issues, assignments, regular discussion
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Full motor vehicle engineering apprenticeship or a technical degree related to automotive engineering
- 3 – 7 years automotive technical work experience, gained either in a dealership, preferably GME, or with an OEM or OEM supplier business
- Good overall knowledge of current automotive technology and the GM Europe product range
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build constructive & effective relationships, using appropriate rapport, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to resolve technical queries to a high level remotely by telephone / email
- GM Europe product experience preferable
- Ideally Manufacturer / Importer experience within a technical department
- Good computer literacy - competent in the main Microsoft Office packages
- Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Time Management Skills, able to use time effectively and efficiently
- Customer Focus, dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal & external customers
- Full valid vehicle driving licence.
- £33,000 base salary;
- Stable working position with permanent contract;
- Multicultural working environment
- Reimbursement of initial travel costs to Luton up to £250;
- 7 nights in a city centre hotel provided upon arrival in Luton;
- Advance in wages to help with first month’s rent and deposit;